February 7, 2009

My failure!

While there have been some recipes that have really been favorites, others were good but just pretty good. Well, I have had a HUGE epiphany. I was making a chicken and broccoli casserole the other day and while I was making it, I kept questioning the recipe. It did not seem like things that I wanted to eat. It was very gloppy and gooey. By that I mean that while I was totally on board with the chicken and broccoli, the rest of the recipe was stuff like, mayo, sour cream, can of cream of mushroom soup, flour etc. I was not happy and curious and relaxed like I am when I am usually cooking. This made me feel heavy just making it. My epiphany was that if you are not happy when you are cooking the food, chances are you will not be happy eating the food. I am glad that my camera was out of batteries because it was a very ugly looking dinner too.

I will however try to come with a new recipe for a chicken and broccoli casserole that is lighter. If you know one please

1 comment:

Don Cuevas said...

You should go with your instincts instead of recipes that call for things like condensed soups, mayo and sour cream. We once had a chicken crock pot dish that included some of those fatty, processed ingredients, plus raw bacon. It was truly inedible.

I've gotten to the point where, with the exception of tuna noodle casserole, I never use condensed soups. There's a wealth of fresh produce, at low prices here in Mexico. I take advantage of that resource whenever I can. It takes a little more time to shop and prepare, but it tastes SO much better and you'll be healthier.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online