February 26, 2009

Chicken Parmesan

I am not really sure if this classifies as the traditional chicken parmesan but oh well. This dinner was literally last minute and took only a few minutes to put together. I lined a baking dish with foil, laid 2 breasts of chicken in and seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and pappy's (of course). I flipped them and seasoned on both sides and drizzled very lightly with oil.
I then took the last piece of bread (you know, the one at the end that most people do not eat) and chopped it up in my trusty mini chopper and sprinkled the chicken breast. I wish I had fresh parmesan but that is just not a realistic dream here in Tulum. So I sprinkled the chicken with the Kraft parmesan in the green can.

I put the chicken in the oven at ??? again we only have 1,2,3,4 & 5 on the oven- it was between 2 and 3. I had it in the oven for about 20 minutes. I had made some red beans earlier in the day for breakfast and reheated those. I also made some white rice in chicken stock which gave it a lot more flavor.

(Beans and rice are 2 things we always have a bag of in the house) :) I served the chicken with a little lettuce. I would say salad but we had nothing else on it so it really was not a salad. -- The kids really liked it and it was a very last minute and "oh shit- what I am going to make" sort of meal.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

You know what your chicken looks great. Even though I would definitely have to say not 'traditional' chicken parm! In my family we always fry the breasts first with bread crumbs than bake smothered in sauce and mozzarella instead of parmesan. I always found that ironic, chicken parmesan is made with mozzarella. Just a thought if mozzarella is easier to get your hands on. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online