January 26, 2009

Roasted Potatoes, baked chicken & orange slices

This dinner was great. And since I used 1 of my all time favorite kitchen utensils ever... aluminium!!! I love this stuff. It cleans our bbq, covers our food, goes under my casseroles to protect from spilling and even wraps my food making them extra clean and makes almost no cleanup!!! I love it. This recipe was very easy.


It is simply chopped potatoes thrown in a bowl, throw in some chopped garlic, chopped onion, salt, pepper, and a few herbs and you are set. Now,my herb plants are not grown yet so I am using dried. I would have used fresh rosemary or dried rosemary if I had it but I do not. SO i used dried oregano and it was great. Plus my kids hating getting stabbed in the mouth by rosemary sometimes. And the oregano was very nice. I tossed all of these ingredients with a little olive oil and wrapped in foil. I then set that in a baking pan.
I simply pit a little foil on the bottom of a baking pan and threw a little salt, pepper and oregano on the chicken, sprinkled with a little olive oil and in they both went.

I left them in there for about 45 min - an hour. I am not sure what the temp is because the oven only has 1,2,3,4 &5. It was around 3. I am assuming that is close to 325. The dinner was really good, very juicy and easy to clean up.

I also have decided that the only way to slice oranges is by doing rings, cut in to quarters and the inside pith cut away. We eat a lot of oranges down here as it is what grows best. This is the way that I have discovered gets the most actual orange into the kids, (rather then just sucking the juice) and the least amount of seeds and sticky on my floors.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online